Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Oh well, beer some other time :(
 
As part of my investigations into the feasibility of getting one of these dishes, I needed a mount.
I have therefore been in contact with Challenger Communications, who is the restructured part of Patriot in Michigan after the plant there closed by the new owners.

They still make the mounts for their re-continued range of 3.8 and 4.5 meter dishes, so these are really the missing parts for the new owners of the Patriot dishes :)

Unfortunately, they command an, erhm, professional-grade price, which means that that are in the range of several thousands of dollars.
I have nevertheless requested a quote for a single and multiple mounts, and there may be an option to include some in a container-shipment to their Portuguese distributor very soon (reducing the freight price). I will even try and see them at IBC in Amsterdam at the end of this week.

Alas, it seems I do not need one, but if anyone else does, do let me know and I can put you in touch with the relevant people.
 
Never seen a CM240 like this before...
Looks like a custom after-market CM setup.
But what is it? Anyone seen one like this?

Ebay: 182260426971

CHANNEL MASTER 3040748-01 FNIP 2.4M-T1 Dish Satellite Antenna outdoor
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Now that looks a very very nice bit of kit .... wish it was in this country
 
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Now that looks a very very nice bit of kit .... wish it was in this country
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

And ..... there's seven available, in crates. Hmmmmmmm:unsure
 
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

And ..... there's seven available, in crates. Hmmmmmmm:unsure
upload_2016-9-6_23-10-2.webp

 
Cannot really tell from the pics on the link, but one thing is for sure, it must have been very naughty to be tied up like that.
 
Laminas 1.8 ?
1.8m Fibreglass Satellite Dish with tripod ground stand (white 180cm[/URL]
Edit
No not Laminas unsure what it is ?
It's none of the above.
This particular specimen has been on ebay before, AFAIR last year.
It's a quite old offset-dish, with a clearly offset-adapted PF polar-mount (from manufacturer).
When Uk seller says dish is not motorised, it may be true, but it does have a polar mount... (but it's likely to be very rusty).

There was an identical-looking one on the Danish version of loot.co.uk in the past few years.
It is an offset fibre-glass dish, probably more fibre-glass than plastic.
Only difference is that the Danish one was a 150 cm dish.
The danish dish was marked "Skymaster" or something like that, I couldn't quite make out the word after "Sky".
The LNB bracket was clearly for C-band, so it's that old.

The danish dish first came on sale clearly taken off an old installation (with rusty pole and rusty mount).
It got sold fairly quickly, but then resurfaced a couple of months later, at a seller some 50s of km away, this time with a painted pole and mount. It was for sale for quite a period.
Then it was apparently sold, but again resurfaced for sale a couple of months later again. This time the LNB mount and feed-support arms had been butchered to use a 40mm LNB clamp from what looked to be a cheap Telesystems dish (as seen on Viasat installations in DK).
The polar mount was gone, and the dish was now mounted on what looked to be a wall-mount for flatpanel tvs!

I would speculate that the dish did not perform as intended - first sale was to a british-sounding individual, but 28.x would probably be difficult with a 150 in his location. Second location looked much more to be aligned to Arabsat or Nilesat, but even this seemed not to work very well...

Too bad, the dish might actually work, but I suspect the real culprit is that is is a C-band dish, with a mesh-size MUCH too big to work with Ku-band.
Which is why I didn't bother with the dish in the first place...
 
Certainly a strange one the arms look like a 1.2 CM how they fit in the dish with a back plate of this dish thanks for the info.
ssd.webp
 
1.5m IRTE with stand. Seems a bit the worse for wear and I don't think the crinkles are just down to the dodgy paint job. I'm not sure that the reflector is much use any more and the LNB mount looks skewed. It has what looks like an SMW LNB cover so it may be hiding an SMW magnetic polariser etc. Silly high price.

1.5 Mt SATELLITE DISH AND WALL MOUNT OR GROUND STAND
 
There is one 3,7m Andrew for sale in Belgium. Looks like 1-piece mirror. Price discussable.
 

Attachments

  • 494628008207862.webp
    494628008207862.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
this 3m looks interesting as it must be light with low wind loading. Probably only ok for C band. The feed adjustment is unusual.
Sattelietschotel, Accessoires satellites, Borsbeek | Kapaza.be
This dish is already for sale more than 1/2 a year. I was in contact with seller and one day almost went to see the dish. And, if you look carefully, you can see that antenna is on Egis motor..... however, seller does not wish to let motor go.
 
1.5 Mtr PRIME FOCUS SATELLITE DISH POLAR MOUNT FLOOR STAND FEED & ACTUATOR
1.5m (1.4?) Triax. Doesn't look too bad and at that price not much of a risk. In Cornwall.
Very nice!
It's a 1.4 meter Triax model 2140.
It came as part of a system, see attached.

I actually got one of those earlier this year. (However, it hasn't been mounted yet... the mounting wall isn't finished yet...)
Extremely light (it's aluminum), and looks and feels like quality stuff.
Ideal for micro-bud C-band exploration, I would think...
 

Attachments

  • triaxsystem.gif
    triaxsystem.gif
    99.7 KB · Views: 18
Day after tomorrow I will have my 2 polar-mounted 150cm antennas gone to another (perhaps better user, at least he will have them installed).
 
Back
Top