Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

1.5m Gib 263323506162
2.4m C/m :-woohoo292336590729
 
2.3m motorised dish 292336590378 looks nice!
 
Nice dishes. Shame he never bothered using either of them.


I think that the 2.3m DH dish did get used for Ku band. However, once the 3.8m Paraclipse dish was obtained the other two smaller dishes were surplus to requirements. What a lucky position to be in, selling off your small dishes and they happen to be a top notch 2.3m DH spun aluminium prime focus antenna and a 2.4m channel master.
 
I still have no idea how he's managing to work around the numerous neighbours and planning officers with these dishes. I have, at most, 3 neighbours looking into my garden and I am at the limit with the 1.8m.
 
I still have no idea how he's managing to work around the numerous neighbours and planning officers with these dishes. I have, at most, 3 neighbours looking into my garden and I am at the limit with the 1.8m.


I think that one of his neighbours works in the planning department and provides some good advice on how to derive the best benefit from planning regulations. Also, my understanding is that if the dish is mounted on a mobile platform then it is not classified as a fixed structure and does not require planning permission. It only requires a local inspection to confirm mobility of the platform.
 
... if the dish is mounted on a mobile platform then it is not classified as a fixed structure and does not require planning permission. It only requires a local inspection to confirm mobility of the platform.
This could be correct. A radio amateur friend of mine had a 30 foot, extensible to 60 foot, tower mounted on to a trailer in his back garden. The trailer and mast were heavily guyed as he had an HF tri-band yagi and various VHF and UHF antennas mounted but the whole thing was still classed as temporary.
 
Yeah but it doesn't derail the fact that neighbours will moan about it. I know one of mine would and I'd rather keep relations sweet than a bigger dish (legal or not). Of course, if neighbours aren't an issue then he's very lucky.
 
This could be correct. A radio amateur friend of mine had a 30 foot, extensible to 60 foot, tower mounted on to a trailer in his back garden. The trailer and mast were heavily guyed as he had an HF tri-band yagi and various VHF and UHF antennas mounted but the whole thing was still classed as temporary.


In the 2.3m DH installation topic on this forum there is a reference to the mobility of the platform and the local authority site inspection to confirm mobility of it.



Yeah but it doesn't derail the fact that neighbours will moan about it. I know one of mine would and I'd rather keep relations sweet than a bigger dish (legal or not). Of course, if neighbours aren't an issue then he's very lucky.


I suppose it depends on how overlooked to are by your neighbours and what their attitude is to any large dishes they can see.
If anyone is lucky enough to own a 3.8m Paraclipse dish and have the fabrication skills to put it all into place with a dual axis motorised install they will have a marvellous setup. Us small dish men with our miniscule dishes can only stand back and gasp in awe at the C band and Ku band catches available to the big dish men.
 
Re dish mobility: didn't someone here build a system like that recently - blademedia IIRC but we haven't heard much from him lately - so maybe the planners did "get him" for that?

Personally, I spray the dishes with car paint in random zig-zag green and reddish brown (red primer) patterns and that does "tone down" the visual impact quite a bit and they then blend into the background vegitation and fences (I have a lot of neighbours quite close who can look down into our garden from their bedrooms.)
 
Last edited:
Re dish mobility: didn't someone here build a system like that recently - blademedia IIRC but we haven't heard much from him lately - so maybe the planners did "get him" for that?


The 2.3m and 2.4m dishes that were linked to on eBay in replies 681 and 682 at the top of this page are those of blademedia. The planners did not get him, he was collared by the picture detectives and is with persona non grata status on the forum nowadays as far as I know.
 
didn't someone here build a system like that recently - blademedia
Yes, he was building. But nobody knows did he finish the project or not. I, personally saw just some holes in railroad rails but not the whole picture.
That is actually good idea to have mobile platform for big dish..... possible to go picnic to some remote area and have SAT-TV.
 
1.2 CM and extras £500 all new
Ebay
152850277139
 
Still there this morning.
 
Only sixty miles from me ........ need to acquire a bigger garden first.
 
Back
Top