Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

I guess these are mostly for mesh C-banders rather than heavy Channel Masters?


My understanding is that if installed for their intended purpose with the circular plate being used to set the declination offset angle they are for prime focus dishes. The declination offset angle is set by rotating the circular plate and for an offset focus dish this would result in the dish being rotated so that the long height of the dish was no longer vertical.

If I get around to refurbishing the unit I have, I will either modify or replace the circular plate with something that allows setting of the declination offset angle using a threaded bolt or stud. The modification I have in mind should also allow the motor to be used with offset dishes.

I think that the motor is of a more robust build than a Jaeger 1224. It was an earlier design by SuperJack that was later followed by the SMO-36 and the Jaeger 1224. The pole cap and motor casing are steel rather than alloy and it looks up to moving a reasonable size dish. If a beefed up Jaeger 1224 can manage with a CM 1.8m I would guess the AHM-36RL is capable of handling one?
 
Looks very much home made metalwork beyond the polarmount. The reflector could be almost anything from the 1980s onwards, no ribbing though, so it is not a commercial grade reflector.
 
The seller has "Make an Offer" on his listing, you could try a low offer and haggle up to what you are prepared to pay?
I'd pay £50 for it :-rofl2
 
You're "back" - been some time since most of us heard from you - so still "slightly" interested in sat stuff:)
I started a new job, now I'm settled in I'll be on here a lot more again.
 


Considering what these have been selling for in the past this 2.4m seems overpriced at £1000. However, the seller does say price is negotiable.
 
Considering what these have been selling for in the past this 2.4m seems overpriced at £1000. However, the seller does say price is negotiable.
I wouldn't give him more than £500 for it. At least its not over 2 bags of sand some clown from London was asking for one on the bay some months back.
 
I wouldn't give him more than £500 for it. At least its not over 2 bags of sand some clown from London was asking for one on the bay some months back.


Shy bairns gets no sweeties.
Them wide boys from London seem to ask large, must be fuelled by the cost of living down Saaarf?
 
Back
Top