Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Not the dish, but if anyone wishes to experiment with a 0.8 offset dish for maximum signal at Ku band for very little money.

 
That dish and kit finally went to the only bidder for £50 - so, maybe the mount was not the best, but, together, that lot should have been worth more than that!!
(would have been tempted if it had been a bit closer)
It was me who won that.
 
Presumably the practical problem is identifying "dubious" listings like that amongst 1000's of others, and then proving that that is what is going on - versus, the many listings where the seller is being "very optimistic" regarding the price he/she is asking.
(there's a thread on the US photographic forum Pentaxforums.com called The worst of Craigslist/Shopgoodwill/eBay etc. which gives you some idea of what sellers offer at ridiculous prices!)
 
Sometimes they list something they don't have to get their place in search engines. They then reduce their price to something realistic once stock arrives.
 
anyone got a 2.4 cm to sell?


This one has been repeatedly listed on eBay for a year or more. The seller started it off at around £2200 and have reduced the price gradually down to the current £850 buy it now or make an offer.


There was one on Gumtree about a month ago for a bag of sand but I think it could possibly have been bought for a monkey. Based on sales that I have seen in the past few years the selling rate seems to be a monkey plus or minus a ton.
 
....There was one on Gumtree about a month ago for a bag of sand but I think it could possibly have been bought for a monkey. Based on sales that I have seen in the past few years the selling rate seems to be a monkey plus or minus a ton.
Should have been in the Nature Pics thread :D
 
This one has been repeatedly listed on eBay for a year or more. The seller started it off at around £2200 and have reduced the price gradually down to the current £850 buy it now or make an offer.


There was one on Gumtree about a month ago for a bag of sand but I think it could possibly have been bought for a monkey. Based on sales that I have seen in the past few years the selling rate seems to be a monkey plus or minus a ton.



... all those years you spent with Arthur Daley MB - shows up in you dialect lol.
 
... all those years you spent with Arthur Daley MB - shows up in you dialect lol.


I have full confidence that the forum member (WHATAGOAL1) who asked about the availability of a CM 2.4m is well versed in the slang terminology of wad denominations.

For the uninitiated:

twenty ponies = one monkey
two monkey's = a bag of sand

I assume even the inhabitants of the Nature Pics topic know that five tons = one monkey !
 
I have full confidence that the forum member (WHATAGOAL1) who asked about the availability of a CM 2.4m is well versed in the slang terminology of wad denominations.

For the uninitiated:

twenty ponies = one monkey
two monkey's = a bag of sand

I assume even the inhabitants of the Nature Pics topic know that five tons = one monkey !


.. Bless you my Son
 
113759689141 , 2 CM's near Bournemouth
 
Back
Top