Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

That is upwards of 30 years old. I remember the Dicsus promotion at the Cable and Satellite exhibition.
 
1.6m motorised satellite dish with ground stand, polar mount and actuator, starting bid at 99p.



Sold for £51, a very good bargain, hands up who bought it.
 
Sold for £51, a very good bargain, hands up who bought it.

I was tempted ... but no i didn,t bid .. (got enough dishes ) ... a potentially good setup for someone - after a little restoration work.
 
For sale on eBay: - NovelSat NS3000 demodulators.
Job lot of three up for sale with a buy it now or make an offer. Mini group buy for three of the top men perhaps?


 
1.25m ally dish (could possibly be another Gibertini?) with USALS motor (looks to be a STAB!) in Bilston (although seller is Dudley) - starting price & only 1 bid of 99p. Only 2 days left - and seller says "grab a bargain", so someone might get it cheap!

Collection only
 
Yeah, that's a Gibby. Don't think I've see a 1.2m one with a single LNB arm, though...
That's what confused me because the rear mount certainly seems to make it a Gibby. I suspect that @Channel Hopper could tell us more as he knows a lot about them - from what he said recently I think it might be either one of their cheaper range of dishes which do have single arms, or else it's a "mongrel" where someone has put together one of the higher range dishes with the arm from the cheaper range???

Nevertheless, whichever it is, it was still an absolute bargain because no-one else bid on it before the auction ender earlier today, and so the buyer got it for 99p - a 1.25m Gibby and a Stab motor for 99p, and so that's about 1% of what I paid a few months ago, and that combo was a bargain in itself!!:-rofl2
 
Last edited:
If you look closely at the first image on the auction listingcapture_003_17102019_212102.webp, under the reflector are two expansion plates that strap the single feedarm to where the standard 'V' version should be.
 
@Channel Hopper

Thought your "expert eye" would spot the "real issue" :D - so, how does that "work", & why?

Also, given that a single arm can't (obviously!) give the same rigidity as the V arm config,:
1 - was that actually an official Gibby "option", and, if so, why did they offer that version?
2 - would additional arm bracing (like my other dishes - albeit that those braces are very crude - that you have seen) result in pretty much the same overall rigidity as the V arm config?
 
Looks home made. I've only ever seen the 125 (OP125X ?)in the dual boom configuration.
 
@Channel Hopper

Thought your "expert eye" would spot the "real issue" :D - so, how does that "work", & why?

Also, given that a single arm can't (obviously!) give the same rigidity as the V arm config,:
1 - was that actually an official Gibby "option", and, if so, why did they offer that version?
2 - would additional arm bracing (like my other dishes - albeit that those braces are very crude - that you have seen) result in pretty much the same overall rigidity as the V arm config?
Probably wrong, but I always considered my single arm Gibby 1.2 was the 'genuine' dish, but I suppose one or the other was manufactured by a different company during the dish's existence.

No rigidity/stability with mine, been a faithful servant up the pole for many years, even with the 'wrong' PM (an SMW job).


126666
 
Well, now I've seen two of them.

Can you get a picture of the bracket with the dish on East lock ?
 
Well, now I've seen two of them.

Can you get a picture of the bracket with the dish on East lock ?
You mean to see the other side of the bracket where the arm is fixed?
 
Looks home made. I've only ever seen the 125 (OP125X ?)in the dual boom configuration.
FWIW, if I look again at the single arm adapter in the 1st shot from the listing, that adapter seems to have 6 folds in it, so I doubt that it was "homemade" (unless, of course, it was made by someone like RimaNTSS, John or mappeuro!).
 
If you look at Llew's system side on, there are rivets holding the bracket in place where normally the twin boom arm has four bolts, so it does look more like the budget version of your 1.25 dish.
 
Back
Top