Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Can a mod or admin create a "Bargain Second Hand Small Dishes For Sale" topic and move all these recent nano, micro, mini and small dish related posts to it.
There should be a definition of dish size for inclusion in this topic, lets say 1.8m and above in 'ere and anything less goes in the "Small..." topic
Good idea @moonbase

Maybe an online bargains thread for motors, actuators, receivers and any dish below 1.5m.

I keep forgetting 125cm dishes aren’t big in the C band world.
 
Can a mod or admin create a "Bargain Second Hand Small Dishes For Sale" topic and move all these recent nano, micro, mini and small dish related posts to it.
There should be a definition of dish size for inclusion in this topic, lets say 1.8m and above in 'ere and anything less goes in the "Small..." topic
What/where would you wish certified bargain Ka band kit to end up ?
 
What/where would you wish certified bargain Ka band kit to end up ?

Whatever dish size it is defines its topic slot.
Just because Ka-Band does not needs a big dish does not give it a free pass into the "Big..." topic.

Perhaps the best way to approach this is to look back at the original first ever "Big..." topic and see what dish sizes were being put forward in the first few pages and use that as the starting point for some guidelines.
That topic should be on the forum somewhere?
 
Whatever dish size it is defines its topic slot.
Just because Ka-Band does not needs a big dish does not give it a free pass into the "Big..." topic.

Perhaps the best way to approach this is to look back at the original first ever "Big..." topic and see what dish sizes were being put forward in the first few pages and use that as the starting point for some guidelines.
That topic should be on the forum somewhere?
I refer you to


This thread may have run its course on big, but the emphasis has always been 'bargain'.
There have been quite a few posts in the 110+ pages falling well outside the basic criteria, providing enthusiasts the first rung on the ladder.
 
the first few threads are referring to 1.2m - not sure if thats "big" or not - why not just drop the size out of subject - so its just "Bargain second hand dishes for sale"
 
the first few threads are referring to 1.2m - not sure if thats "big" or not - why not just drop the size out of subject - so its just "Bargain second hand dishes for sale"


Or possibly "Bargain Satellite Equipment For Sale" ?


Out of interest, here is the link to the original topic, started in 2006.
 
I am picking this up on Friday:D
I have just recently applied a new coat of paint to my 'unknown' 1.3M dish that has been in service for 15 years.

So I am going to treat myself to this free one.
Dish safe and sound with me now.
Will check it all goes together and order some new bolts and get it sprayed up the same as my current one, hopefully the neighbours won't notice the small increase in size:rolleyes:
 
1.8m petalised tin dish in Kettering, 99p start price

Looks like one of them cheapo Fortec Star jobbies. 99p is about all its worth! Maybe ok for someone wishing to dabble in C Band..
 
Looks like one of them cheapo Fortec Star jobbies. 99p is about all its worth! Maybe ok for someone wishing to dabble in C Band..
Not too shabby at all. I used the groundstand of the one here to suspend the pail of bitumen over a fire when re-covering a flat roof, the petals came in handy as a windbreak.
 
Not too shabby at all. I used the groundstand of the one here to suspend the pail of bitumen over a fire when re-covering a flat roof, the petals came in handy as a windbreak.
Recycle and re-use for different uses - very good :-rofl2
 
Got one in Maplins many moons ago. Purely for calm sunny day use. Possibly equatorial location. First gust of wind and it folded like an umbrella.
 

Gibertini OP150 boxed - £200.

Quite rare these.

Ashford

So when I first saw this, I put a very low ball offer in, a lot less than 200 just to get things started. The seller immediately accepted the offer... 90 messages between me and him later and 3 weeks later... and it's finally on the way, potentially with missing parts we shall see.
 
I just had to add my tuppence worth to this topic. Living on the Swedish / Norway border, I started with a 1.8 dish. Maybe 12 yearfs ago. No problem, loads of signal. Went on holiday, came back, no signal. Apparently all UK TV on a new satelite. Very weak, and progs only on clear days, with no long cables. I watched the Swedish second hand stuff site, and picked up a lovely 2,5. for equivalent , 20 quid. Welded a pole, dug a hole , 4 cubic of concrete and steel.
No chan 5 , but most of the important daily stuff. Heavy rain or snow, nothing. Popping out many nights at minus 20 to brush snow off it.
 

Attachments

  • 20230629_203311.jpg
    20230629_203311.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
  • 20230629_203333.jpg
    20230629_203333.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
"big sat dish"
I must admit I know a guy in S Sweden with a 3.7, But every one needs a hobby. Some one made me an offer I could not refuse. My neighbors all assume I am mad. I some times wonder what this cost when new.
 

Attachments

  • 20230629_203404.jpg
    20230629_203404.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 20230629_203427.jpg
    20230629_203427.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
Back
Top