Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Both wrong. It's a 390 motor, obviously. Multi-axis, multi-position. Hence the price.
390 motor, obviously the further North East you go from my location, the more degrees you get. ( also closer to the Eastern engineer that fitted the system ) I was under the opinion that 360 made a full circle?
 
390 motor, obviously the further North East you go from my location, the more degrees you get. ( also closer to the Eastern engineer that fitted the system ) I was under the opinion that 360 made a full circle?
Only at lattitudes <40.
 
Danish market: Triax polar mount with Linak actuator.
Looks to be from '98 judging by the label on the actuator.
Doubt this will carry anything above 1m comfortably.
But nevertheless an interesting proposition for feed hunters (alternative to motor).

Aktuator/Motor, Triax, God,... - dba.dk

9d95-5813-4621-b3cc-1b155dcbfca3.webp
911e-9326-44be-ad2c-5f0fdddc11d2.webp
be61-d65e-415b-a5da-799dcd511f5a.webp
1432-9ac9-4460-8d9e-2b83b86f7027.webp
 
Interesting DIY polar mount.
It can be done as simple as this...

Ebay: 152284788481

s-l1600.webp

Of course, you need a dish wish a clamp Az/El mount, else you have no declination control.
And the dish will be mounted high up, putting extra strain on the actuator when pulling back from the extremes.
I also fail to see anything in the way of bushings on the polar axis.
But, it probably did the job it was intended for... :)
 
1.5m motorised dish.
332021296913
 
Interesting dish. And it is great it has no brackets, no feedarms. Is somebody lives nearby this seller? I would like to have this mini dish. So need some help. I would go for maximum 15 GBP plus shipping.
 
It's only £3.50 postage to me, much less than diesel spent to get to it. Shouldn't cost too much to post to you.
 
Great, CJ! Thanks by now.

P.S. If somebody from forum wish to bid more than 15, please go ahead, I will not be offenced.
 
Great, CJ! Thanks by now.

P.S. If somebody from forum wish to bid more than 15, please go ahead, I will not be offenced.
No, please go ahead. I don't do the small sizes... :)

(I have a 40cm Gibby lying around that has been used about 20 minuts in total. Very unuseful...)
(OTOH, it would be cool to put it on a CM polar mount, just because it runs in the family!)
 
Could it be one of those early Sky dishes?
I seem to remember @timo_w2s has something similar...
It could be. I had one many years ago for the D-Mac BSB service off Marcopolo at 31W. A backplate screwed on th back of the dish which also held the boom arm for the LNB.
 
Could it be one of those early Sky dishes?
I seem to remember @timo_w2s has something similar...
I'll check my dish when I get in tonight to see if it is the same. Shame it's missing the LNB arm.
 
That 35cm eBay dish is slightly different. From the photo posted it seems it has the following details on the back:
Part No. 3040691
Mould Number 1
Made in the UK

The back of mine says:
Part No. 3040670
Mold No. 35cm-2
Made in the UK

Note that Mould/Mold is spelt differently.

It also seems have slightly larger rounded support bits on the back of the dish whereas mine are flat and thinner.

And of course, on the front mine has a BSB logo.

Had it have been the same I would have been tempted to put in a cheap bid as it looked cleaner and less worn than mine. ;)
 
I thought this thread was about "big" dishes - that one is a "minnow" (which is a VERY small fish for those who have never heard the term!) :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top