Dishes on holiday

Now due to the hills and high rise tenemant blocks many many buildings have veritable forests of aerials on the roof. This is one particularly horribly location I spotted - note the carefully installed downleads all neatly bundled together and clipped in place............
 

Attachments

  • SN852494.webp
    SN852494.webp
    100.6 KB · Views: 77
  • SN852495.webp
    SN852495.webp
    98.7 KB · Views: 62
  • SN852496.webp
    SN852496.webp
    86.7 KB · Views: 69
  • SN852500.webp
    SN852500.webp
    74 KB · Views: 63
Sadly no matter how hard I looked I couldnt see any satellite dishes in the Vatican :( at least none were visible from the publicly accessible ground level areas - I didnt go inside the Basilic or up the dome due to the lengthy queues....


There will be one or two more pics when I sort the photos out in the next few days :)
 
Some interesting pictures... and recognisable dishes :)
 
,looks the same then 10 years ago,i was also in rome,on john paul the 2.in the residents,on the peters dome,i got to the top ,was many many steps!
 
This amused me no end :-rofl2
 

Attachments

  • SN852497 (768 x 1024).webp
    SN852497 (768 x 1024).webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 83
:)
whats behind that door?
a nightclub?
i remember the amazing ice cream in rome,with over 50 diffrent,and not to forget the great pizza:)
 
Havent got the faintest idea - it was shut every time I went past :D
 
C'mon guys everyone knows whats really going on ..
The main man is really just a sat geek like the rest of us ...
Here's a picture I took recently on holiday with my special X-ray camera ...

I suspect The Pontiff just likes to keep up with Flash Forward ..and Lost etc..
;)
 

Attachments

  • -St--Peter-s-Basilica--Rome--Italy.webp
    -St--Peter-s-Basilica--Rome--Italy.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 93
Nice picture.
Direct link to the allmighty ?:-DOH2

bob
 
Analoguesat said:
Ive just returned from a very nice break in the beautiful city of Rome. Heres some pics I took of the skyline :D

Hope you had a nice trip.
Can always tell when you go away as the "latest news from 28E" and many other threads go quiet.

Been said before but once again Thank you:-worship
 
Yes it is a bit of a giveaway :D

Rome is lovely but by eck its expensive :eek:

The Colisseum and the other Roman ruins surpassed hopes and are fabulous.

The traffic is insane though :D
 
Yesterday I've been told that the german channels (ZDF, The RTLs, ARD Das Erste, ......) The Italian ones (Mediasts, RAIs, and so on) are going to disapear from the Hotbird. Bye, bye. If you wanna watch them you've to pay for them. True or wrong that's what we have for now. That's what the world is running for "The Money". As we all know money is the power, seems true sometimes.

That was the news from Arbi Press.
 
Mediaset (inc. RAI etc.) are going to focus on the Tivù Platform, which is staying on Hotbird but does require a Subscription Free Viewing Card (See separate Forum). As the population of Tivù equipped homes increases, FTA versions of these Channels will probably disappear.
 
One satellite dish INSIDE the stadium and another one on a sat-truck outside the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban, South Africa during the first ever football match in the new world cup stadium.

(please dont say I have a good job as it lashed it down all day and Im still soaking!)
 

Attachments

  • sat2.webp
    sat2.webp
    119 KB · Views: 106
  • sat1.webp
    sat1.webp
    129.7 KB · Views: 105
Fantastic Matt - I love the way the dish in the first pic is pin sharp and the players are out of focus :-rofl2

You will have to take more pics of dishes around football grounds for us :D
 
Absolutely!

That first one is so good you should send it to the BBC to remind them what HD is all about .....
 
I demand a new thread !! Dishes whilst on travels with work - I stay at home for my holidays! :-rofl2

South Africa Premier Soccer League - Ajax Cape Town v SuperSport United @ Bolands Stadium
 

Attachments

  • _1MA9582.webp
    _1MA9582.webp
    97.8 KB · Views: 72
  • _AMA0902.webp
    _AMA0902.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 76
  • _1MA9579.webp
    _1MA9579.webp
    131.5 KB · Views: 80
Well you sneaked them in anyway!

Very good, too :)
 
Cape Town International Conference Centre, FIFA 2010 World Cup Draw

Satellite park takes shape before the draw tomorrow. Estimated 200 million will watch on TV. Counted 18 seperate ENG cameras which will be used for individual interviews - feedhunters will probably have some fun on Friday!!

...enjoy :)
 

Attachments

  • cpsat7.webp
    cpsat7.webp
    62.2 KB · Views: 84
  • cpsat6.webp
    cpsat6.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 83
  • cpsat5.webp
    cpsat5.webp
    86 KB · Views: 103
  • cpsat4.webp
    cpsat4.webp
    95.5 KB · Views: 119
  • cpsat3.webp
    cpsat3.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 92
  • cpsat2.webp
    cpsat2.webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 93
  • cpsat1.webp
    cpsat1.webp
    101.2 KB · Views: 85
  • cpsat8.webp
    cpsat8.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 99
  • cpsat9.webp
    cpsat9.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 81
  • cpsat10.webp
    cpsat10.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top