Dishes on holiday

Tivù said:
in Puglia it was €1.40 for a cone with two large scoops of different flavours (succumbed daily).

Please fax over 1 Coffee & Vanilla cone, I wish to succumb also. Payment to follow as soon as funds from Nigeria clear in bank.
 
Tivù said:
Anyway, not allowed to spend much time looking for dishes, but she herself spotted this one and it is Trulli incongruous.

At least they have camouflaged it a kind of dusty white.

Perhaps that means SWMBO is becoming 'dish sensitive' without realizing it...O-Ha
 
Seems that "The title" works fine for us in ME. At least half of the channels are out here for now. Don't know they're 'coz of WC or intentionally. We have nice parasites here specially at night.

Arbi
 
Just back from a trip across canada and of course I was snapping away at anything that looked vaguely satellite related. So first up are some taken in Toronto :D BTW the third & fourth pics are taken from the top of the CN Tower :D

The first three are the CBC buildings. I dont know much about the fourth one but the logos on the dishes are

CTV
Much
Space
& ETalk
 

Attachments

  • SN853368.webp
    SN853368.webp
    88.9 KB · Views: 70
  • SN853371.webp
    SN853371.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 70
  • SN853374.webp
    SN853374.webp
    141.5 KB · Views: 75
  • SN853400.webp
    SN853400.webp
    112 KB · Views: 67
The Corus Entertainment offices in a run down area of Toronto....
 

Attachments

  • SN853546.webp
    SN853546.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 53
Possibly an uplink dish. Some industrial site at a 20 minute train stop on the journey from Toronto to Jasper.
 

Attachments

  • SN853599.webp
    SN853599.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 62
Oh come on - I've waited in vain all night for the next instalment: You haven't taken time off to recover, surely?
 
Early to bed to get over the jetlag Tivu :D

A few more this evening :)
 
Four more Canadian dishes for your delectation and delight

A big C-bander spotted from the train
C-band and Ku band at our hotel in Jasper
Two pics of the dishes at the Colombia Icefields visitor centre half way between Jasper & Banff
 

Attachments

  • SN853617.webp
    SN853617.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 53
  • SN853632.webp
    SN853632.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 54
  • SN853765.webp
    SN853765.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 60
  • SN853774.webp
    SN853774.webp
    81.6 KB · Views: 60
Despite the dishes, it all looks jolly nice ............ was this a pukka Tour Package thingy or is it something you did entirely Ross-powered?
 
Well swmbo told the travel agents what we wanted and they put a holiday together for us:

Shuttle flight Edinburgh - Heathrow
BA flight Heathrow - Toronto
VIA Rail train trip Toronto - Jasper (3 nights!)
Coach trip Jasper - Banff down the Icefields Parkway
Rocky Mountaineer train trip Banff - Vancouver (2 nights)
Rocky Mountaineer train trip Vancouver - Whistler & return 3 nights later
Coach / ferry transfer Vancouver - Victoria & return 6 nights later.
BA flight Vancouver - London
shuttle transfer Heathrow - Edinburgh

:)


Plus all the hotels.

I'll put the link up to all my online holiday snaps over the weekend when Ive put some more up - anyone who likes mountains will be staggered by the Rockies - they make the Lake District look rather pathetic! :D
 
Analoguesat said:
anyone who likes mountains will be staggered by the Rockies - they make the Lake District look rather pathetic! :D

Totally agree. Jaw dropping doesn't cover it does it? When I went in 1988 I flew into Vancouver, picked up a hire car and headed off in the direction of Calgary. Hotels were booked along the way, how I got there was up to me. Drove round BC, the Rockies and Alberta for a couple of weeks, though sadly I never got to Victoria. Most memorable sight? Coming over the Rockies on the plane, crossing the fertile Okanagan Valley, then the Coastal Mountains and swooping down over the coast itself to land at Vancouver Airport. Your trip does sound more civilised though! But that return flight from Vancouver to London is really tiring.
 
If anyone wants to see the holiday snaps and some of the Canadian scenery the first two albums are here


-http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=475771&id=723325502&l=585bf856db

-http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=476705&id=723325502&l=e05be1eba8

The permissions should be set so anyone can see them.

These are still work in progress so will change over the next few days. Album 2 especially will have some more pics added over the weekend. And there will be an album 3 soon as well :D

If anyone wants to be my FB buddy thats fine but let me know who you are - I ignore requests from anyone I cant immediately identify :-rofl2
 
Great photos. Thats one stern mountie. :-rofl2

Looks like a good holiday. I don't think I could get a day off this summer. Karoshi! :-crying

The Lake District is not much consolation, it is just puddles and hills by comparison.
 
some amazing photos!

Maybe i will take a trip there sometime, looks like such a clean amazing place!
 
But just think how big a dish you'd need for your Footy, Gary ............... !!
 
Back
Top