Dishes on holiday

I have to confess I thought Switzerland was almost exclusively cable, it would seem not. I like the first one with the camouflaged dish on the period type property in Lucerne
 

Attachments

  • Crop 20062011 121.webp
    Crop 20062011 121.webp
    91.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 17062011 091.webp
    17062011 091.webp
    117.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 17062011 093.webp
    17062011 093.webp
    86.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 17062011 094.webp
    17062011 094.webp
    196.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 17062011 095.webp
    17062011 095.webp
    119.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 17062011 097.webp
    17062011 097.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 21,577
  • 20062011 127.webp
    20062011 127.webp
    45 KB · Views: 78
  • 18062011 023.webp
    18062011 023.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 83
a 3.2m and a 4.2m mesh in Paphos... anyone know where the mesh one's pointing considering the other is SKY UK?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0836.webp
    IMG_0836.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 79
Will I take some pics of the big 5m+ Zade dishes? They always amaze me... the lengths people go to to get Sky...

Analoguesat said:
And another three

The first one is Latchi, the middle one is our apartment complex with the dish on the roof directly above our door, and the third one is in the middle of Polis
 
thehumangoing said:
a 3.2m and a 4.2m mesh in Paphos... anyone know where the mesh one's pointing considering the other is SKY UK?
Sorry to correct you. A 2.7m solid and a 3m mesh. The mesh is probably pointing to Hellas sat at 39E and it's motorised.
 
It's alright, I'm still new! and have you been to margarita GDNs?

Zorba said:
Sorry to correct you. A 2.7m solid and a 3m mesh. The mesh is probably pointing to Hellas sat at 39E and it's motorised.
 
thehumangoing said:
Will I take some pics of the big 5m+ Zade dishes? They always amaze me... the lengths people go to to get Sky...
Take a photo anyway but I don't think they are 5m +. Zades dishes are unusual but I think they are around 3.8m, 4.2m the most. I have seen a 5m dish whic was dismantled from an American embassy and you would not be able to put that on top of a pub. The pole it sits on must be about 10+ inches diameter.
 
They're giant... Maybe I'm just a bit off but they're definitely 4m+! Have you seen them?
Zorba said:
Take a photo anyway but I don't think they are 5m +. Zades dishes are unusual but I think they are around 3.8m, 4.2m the most. I have seen a 5m dish whic was dismantled from an American embassy and you would not be able to put that on top of a pub. The pole it sits on must be about 10+ inches diameter.
 
You install dishes, right? How much is a 4.2m these days?
 
Yep,every time I go to any jobs in Paphos. I always look up and think,could I be bothered to install a big dish that comes in all those segments ? Not fun in this weather ,but not much different than the 12 piece 3.7m or 16 piece 4.2m that we do now,except the new ones are probably much lighter. Zades ones are quite old but he probably imported his own as I only see them in Paphos.
 
16 piece!?!?!?!! Damn! 40c in the shade yesterday too! Do you have a website?
Zorba said:
Yep,every time I go to any jobs in Paphos. I always look up and think,could I be bothered to install a big dish that comes in all those segments ? Not fun in this weather ,but not much different than the 12 piece 3.7m or 16 piece 4.2m that we do now,except the new ones are probably much lighter. Zades ones are quite old but he probably imported his own as I only see them in Paphos.
 
thehumangoing said:
You install dishes, right? How much is a 4.2m these days?
I don't install the cheap chinese 4.3m but the more expensive chinese 4.2m (the aluminium ones that sit on a pole, not the steel ones that sit on a frame) and are well over €3000 supplied and installed. You can pick up a second hand 4.3m quite cheap but have trouble finding someone to dismantle and re install as they are tricky to maintain the shape. Most of those that have been moved do not work at full potential. But for Paphos a 3m is adequate if it's installed properly.
No website.
 
Zade dishes are all one BTW, no segments!
Zorba said:
Yep,every time I go to any jobs in Paphos. I always look up and think,could I be bothered to install a big dish that comes in all those segments ? Not fun in this weather ,but not much different than the 12 piece 3.7m or 16 piece 4.2m that we do now,except the new ones are probably much lighter. Zades ones are quite old but he probably imported his own as I only see them in Paphos.
 
Cheap chinese ones are how much less? TBH never heard of 4.3m... 1.8m gets all but V transponder or something, right?
Zorba said:
I don't install the cheap chinese 4.3m but the more expensive chinese 4.2m (the aluminium ones that sit on a pole, not the steel ones that sit on a frame) and are well over €3000 supplied and installed. You can pick up a second hand 4.3m quite cheap but have trouble finding someone to dismantle and re install as they are tricky to maintain the shape. Most of those that have been moved do not work at full potential. But for Paphos a 3m is adequate if it's installed properly.
No website.
 
Maybe Zade has new dishes that I have not seen, BUT I have never seen any dish over 3m in one piece. Take a photo of one from front and back. Second hand 4.3m can go for €500 or less as buyer will collect. 1.8m cannot get 2D so no BBC. Or a lot of HD channels and not many movie channels and probably not sky sports 4/news,eurosport 2.
 
They're not new, and their site is broken :(
Zorba said:
Maybe Zade has new dishes that I have not seen, BUT I have never seen any dish over 3m in one piece. Take a photo of one from front and back. Second hand 4.3m can go for €500 or less as buyer will collect. 1.8m cannot get 2D so no BBC. Or a lot of HD channels and not many movie channels and probably not sky sports 4/news,eurosport 2.
 
thehumangoing said:
They're not new, and their site is broken :(
And not in one piece. They would be impossible to transport.
 
No more from me! I'll take a pic! They've hidden where it's joined or no joins :D
 
09100005.webp
steffan_st said:
Here's another dish at a supermarket that looks just the same.The feed shure looks interesting.

Any idea what they use these dishes for?!?

I used to install the same for BT in 2003 2004 for places more than 5.5Km from exchanges and people couldnt get decent Internet Broadband
 
I think you'll find not much has changed ................ 750kbps download speed on a good day here.

Tooway and similar services are beginning to look economically viable.
 
Visited the old Arab village of Acco on the Coast of Israel during my travels, here is a good selection of photos representative of the type of damage experienced in coastal areas caused by the salty sea, the last one being someones attempt to overcome the degredation which provided the grease does not contain metallic additives should help even though it is ugly
 

Attachments

  • 28072011 013 (600 x 450).webp
    28072011 013 (600 x 450).webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 28072011 021 (600 x 450).webp
    28072011 021 (600 x 450).webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 28072011 023 (600 x 450).webp
    28072011 023 (600 x 450).webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 28072011 024 (600 x 450).webp
    28072011 024 (600 x 450).webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 28072011 027 (600 x 450).webp
    28072011 027 (600 x 450).webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top