Eutelsat Hot Bird 13F & 13G

ok mistake my side. What I get is
12713 V 30000,flimsy almost visible
Sunny now,65_70% very watchable.
12654 H 30000fine,equal reception

12635 V30000 (with folklor ) absent,but comes back when sun sets!50% signal just below watchability.

Same pattern as TV5 maghreb on 7West,absent daytime,fine at night.
I didn t care to lock the 12616,as I have DW elsewhere & rest is enkkrypted..
 
After carefully analyzing the spectra of these days... I have to correct the error on the Vivacom transponders, they are all still on 13F.

I attach the pdf file of how the transponders are distributed on the Hotbird satellites, from March 1st to March 8th.
 

Attachments

After carefully analyzing the spectra of these days... I have to correct the error on the Vivacom transponders, they are all still on 13F.

I attach the pdf file of how the transponders are distributed on the Hotbird satellites, from March 1st to March 8th.
Mr. Marcus kindly tell us a little information about this beam is it super beam or wide b. ?? Why eutelsat did not announce the footprint for this vivacom pack. beam?
what is going on behind the scenes???
 
Mr. Marcus kindly tell us a little information about this beam is it super beam or wide b. ?? Why eutelsat did not announce the footprint for this vivacom pack. beam?
what is going on behind the scenes???
It cant be a wide beam - Im in south eastern Scotland & I have ano signal on a 1m dish. 1000 miles away in Sweden they have good signals.

We can figure the approximate footprint out if we can get enough reports & do a google pin map excersise. Im willing to organise it if there is sufficient interest

There is absolutely no requirement for Eutelsat to release footprint maps if they dont want to. Its only satellite enthusiasts that are interested anyway.
 
Alicante, España.
Today, fluctuating signals!-----, clear sky, 1.8m PF Marrafa:-

a.JPGb.JPGc.jpg
 
@max11, I'm just an enthusiast. I have no contacts in Eutelsat...

These are my reports with dish by 80cm and 150cm, from Castellammare di Stabia (Naples-Italy).

12616_H.png 12635_V.png 12654_H.png

12673_V.png 12713_V.png
 
Just thought i'd add, last week I had a good strong signal pretty much on all tp's, but now nothing. The signal on most of the other 13e tp's is very good (or even full), with just some a bit weaker like the Kabelio tp's. I'm about half way down the south coast of Cornwall, UK.

Edit: forgot to add this is on a zone 2 Sky dish.
 
Last edited:
Thought I'd do some testing today to check out the signal quality on a small dish. Put up a 28cm camping dish and roughly threw it to 13e, no adjustment or perfecting, the vivacom TPs come in much stronger than anything else on 13e. I'm using this info to confirm that it is a spot beam since 13e is generally quite weak in this area of Bulgaria and the signals are stronger than that of 45e atm.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9521.JPG
    IMG_9521.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9527.JPG
    IMG_9527.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9528 (1).JPG
    IMG_9528 (1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9529.JPG
    IMG_9529.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
12616H 30000 17.2 db
12635V 30000 14.8
12654H 30000 17.3
12673V 30000 14.9
12713V 30000 15.8

Reception with 1.5m dish & TM-5402 M3 receiver (South Aegean - Greece)
 
From what I see it seems like there are different spots
given that my (laminas 180) results are lower than Marcus (150) despite the fact that we are in the same country even if there are 700 km of difference between the 2 of us towards the south
 
Signal has improved here and now working fine with 1.1m. 12616H is still poor 9db, but others are 11db+
 
The signal seems stable now (same level yesterday and today).
12616 H: 15,1 dB
12635 V: 15,3 dB
12654 H: 15,1 dB
12673 V: 14,6 dB
12713 V: 14,9 dB

This with an 1,1 Triax Antenna.
 
I wasn't in my hometown when the TPs originally began transmission before this unknown beam was shifted towards Bulgaria to compare the before, but here we go. On HD51 (Silabs) and Thessaloniki, Northern Greece on 1.30, we have
12616H 18.2dB
12635V 17.2dB
12654H 18.2dB
12673V 17.2dB
12713V 18.5dB

It's quite obvious that my location is inside the "bull's eye" of this super beam, since I'm less than 80km from the Bulgarian border in a straight line.
 
How can i convert my barograph measurement (a %) into Dbs?
how much would 50% or 85% be?
 
Gibertini OP125L, Southern Peloponnese, Greece
osmini4K (AVL6261C)

12616H.jpg
12634V.jpg
12654H.jpg
12673V.jpg
12713V.jpg
 
Back
Top