PAKSAT 38° East Ku-Band

Satfaca

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron SX-10 310 cm + H2H motor + ADL RP2-CPOR feed
Prodelin PFA 240 cm + EGIS ProfiTracker + Chaparral PR1 Ku feed
Octagon SF8008 (Twin & Combo) + TBS 6983
Chaparral M140 + Echostar DVR-7000 HDD + Lyngbox
My Location
Melmac
As it looks I managed to lock something in Ku band from this location for the very first time.

11599V.webp
 
No sign here right now either. Either it was temporary or oscilating. Will try to check in the evening again...
 
Paksat 38.2E MM1 Ku
Sama Entertainment Off from 12687 V 1300.
I Already Report to lyngsat.
My location Pakistan/Panjab/Multan.
Dish Size 60CM
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260915_091821461_HDR~2.webp
    IMG_20260915_091821461_HDR~2.webp
    322.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20260915_091755681_HDR~2.webp
    IMG_20260915_091755681_HDR~2.webp
    713 KB · Views: 15
paksat lacks high quality sport channels in both c and ku bands.
In Pakistan, cricket is by far the most popular sport. On Paksat 38.2°E C-band, channels such as PTV Sports, Geo Super, and A Sports already cover most of the major cricket content.

As for the Ku-band, it is mostly limited to occasional sports feeds rather than dedicated, proper sports channels. There are no major sports channels available there for regular viewers.

That is a separate issue, though. We certainly need more quality sports channels, but unfortunately, it seems that there is very little attention given to the needs of Pakistani viewers.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Who is the current major broadcaster in the region for sports content, are they delivering via satellite or terrestrial (unlikely based on the area and topology) ?

Online, or otherwise dedicated mobile platforms might be more appropriate for the region but at a premium.
 
In Pakistan, cricket is by far the most popular sport. On Paksat 38.2°E C-band, channels such as PTV Sports, Geo Super, and A Sports already cover most of the major cricket content.

As for the Ku-band, it is mostly limited to occasional sports feeds rather than dedicated, proper sports channels. There are no major sports channels available there for regular viewers.

That is a separate issue, though. We certainly need more quality sports channels, but unfortunately, it seems that there is very little attention given to the needs of Pakistani viewers.
Try Sohl Sports on TurkmenAlem 52E- that got nothing but cricket on it. (12846V - free to air)
 
Try Sohl Sports on TurkmenAlem 52E- that got nothing but cricket on it. (12846V - free to air)
I think you typed the frequency a little too quickly — I believe it is 10846 V, rather than 12846 V.

Soleh Sports is already available to me as part of my multisetup, on the 68.5°E C-band side. However, it doesn't cover that many Pakistani events, so I usually prefer watching the live feeds instead.

I regularly keep an eye on feeds on 100.5°E, 68.5°E, 66°E, 76.5°E and 83.5°E C-band, especially when there are Pakistani events.

Thanks for the tip, though!
 
10.846 (East beam) will be a good 1.5m or average 1.8m dish over much of Pakistan.

Your 3.8 Prodelin should have no trouble.
 
10.846 (East beam) will be a good 1.5m or average 1.8m dish over much of Pakistan.

Your 3.8 Prodelin should have no trouble.
Yes, exactly. In my area, the East beam is actually quite strong — I can receive it comfortably even on a 70 cm dish, so there is no need for me to use the 3.8 m Prodelin for this transponder.

I have several satellite dishes in my setup, with multiple LNBs installed for different satellite positions. One of those dishes is an 8-foot dish, centrally focused on 68.5°E C-band, with Al Yahsat 52.5°E on a side LNB, and the East beam comes in easily.

As I mentioned above, my main interest is usually in finding live feeds for Pakistani events, rather than relying only on the regular sports channels. That's why I keep multiple satellite positions and feeds available in my setup.
 
Back
Top