Free To Good Home Precision 1.8M and bits

aceb

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
TBS 6925
1.8m Precision + PLL Bullseye, motorised but probably siezed now.
2 x Sky Zone 2 for 28/19/13°E
My Location
Sussex
Time for the last dish to go so it's free to a good home. A Precision 1.8M on a polar mount and base, it all needs some TLC and the reflector could do with a repaint. Some rust on both mount and base but nothing too serious.

Also included is the actuator although I should think it's seized by now, 2 positioners, one Alsat and one Superjack. Some C-Band LNBs, homebrew plates and the Ku adapter plate for the feed plus Bullseye PLL LNB as per the pic.

Want it gone by the end of September otherwise it's the reciprocating saw and getting weighed in. Collector to remove from property but I can dismantle most of it prior to collection. The dish and mount is a two man lift so I'm able to assist if need be. Approximate postcode is BN9, midway between Brighton and Eastbourne.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260810_152547.webp
    IMG_20260810_152547.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20260810_152541.webp
    IMG_20260810_152541.webp
    3.7 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20260810_152449.webp
    IMG_20260810_152449.webp
    944.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20260810_152435.webp
    IMG_20260810_152435.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20260810_152513.webp
    IMG_20260810_152513.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20260810_152500.webp
    IMG_20260810_152500.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Time for the last dish to go so it's free to a good home. A Precision 1.8M on a polar mount and base, it all needs some TLC and the reflector could do with a repaint. Some rust on both mount and base but nothing too serious.

Also included is the actuator although I should think it's seized by now, 2 positioners, one Alsat and one Superjack. Some C-Band LNBs, homebrew plates and the Ku adapter plate for the feed plus Bullseye PLL LNB as per the pic.

Want it gone by the end of September otherwise it's the reciprocating saw and getting weighed in. Collector to remove from property but I can dismantle most of it prior to collection. The dish and mount is a two man lift so I'm able to assist if need be. Approximate postcode is BN9, midway between Brighton and Eastbourne.
How long has it been in the current position (install, not last satellite position) ?

Love the camouflage paint btw. , it looks almost natural.
 
First pic I took of it in the current location dated 23/11/2015.
 

Attachments

  • P1300859.webp
    P1300859.webp
    456.6 KB · Views: 108
I'm interested - how heavy is the reflector?
 
Well the reflector is attached to the mounting ring and part of the polar mount so a mix of aluminium and steel. A complete guess would be around 20-25KG?

It came home strapped to a ladder on a roof rack and it wasn't difficult to lift it into place.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0531.webp
    IMAG0531.webp
    422.7 KB · Views: 89
Time for the last dish to go so it's free to a good home. A Precision 1.8M on a polar mount and base, it all needs some TLC and the reflector could do with a repaint. Some rust on both mount and base but nothing too serious.

Also included is the actuator although I should think it's seized by now, 2 positioners, one Alsat and one Superjack. Some C-Band LNBs, homebrew plates and the Ku adapter plate for the feed plus Bullseye PLL LNB as per the pic.

Want it gone by the end of September otherwise it's the reciprocating saw and getting weighed in. Collector to remove from property but I can dismantle most of it prior to collection. The dish and mount is a two man lift so I'm able to assist if need be. Approximate postcode is BN9, midway between Brighton and Eastbourne.
Paul, have you packed up the satellite hobby completely now?
 
Yeah, pretty much CJ, I never really got into all the data stuff and once the SNG feeds started disappearing along with a continual battle to keep the 1.2 aligned due to this exposed site I just lost interest. Probably the final nail was the mast behind our house switching on 5G and that destroyed any chance of C-Band.

I did think about repurposing the 1.8 for QO-100, hence the PLL LNB but never quite got round to it.

These days I have just a pair of Zone 2 Sky dishes each fitted with an Octo LNB feeding the TVs around the house with 19/13E. There's a single Sky LNB on one side to give us Freesat and I've still got the TBS card on one PC.
 
Yeah, pretty much CJ, I never really got into all the data stuff and once the SNG feeds started disappearing along with a continual battle to keep the 1.2 aligned due to this exposed site I just lost interest. Probably the final nail was the mast behind our house switching on 5G and that destroyed any chance of C-Band.

I did think about repurposing the 1.8 for QO-100, hence the PLL LNB but never quite got round to it

These days I have just a pair of Zone 2 Sky dishes each fitted with an Octo LNB feeding the TVs around the house with 19/13E. There's a single Sky LNB on one side to give us Freesat and I've still got the TBS card on one PC.
A little sad to read but like many others, the hobby has changed a lot including the likes of IPTV, 5G (:-ohcrap) etc, etc. Genuine thanks for your 16 years or odd of thread posts......helped many of us here, sure you will continue. Best wishes. :-applause
 
In the next few days this will be cut up so I can get it all down the scrap yard. Given the history and quality involved in Precision and spun dishes it's heart breaking to see it crushed and chopped up but I guess it goes to show how little new blood there is in the satellite hobby :(

I did PM Paul (PJM UHFsatcom) in case he knew of anyone involved in EME/QO100 etc that would like it but I've had no response. Is there anywhere else of any worth that I can advertise it?

I've been ripping out old cables today and gathering old satellite stuff so have ended up with a box of old C band LNBs and plates, a diseqc motor, positioners and actuators that will all go in the appropriate heap for the weigh in midweek.

One item that did stand out that is either worth a few quid or will end up on the same pile is this adjustable Ku scalar and Inverto Black Pro LNB. It worked the last time I used it, can't test it now so I'm open to best offer if you pay postage but it has to be worth my while of boxing it all and posting it. I'll include the Bullseye LNB that's currently attached to the 1.8 as well.


ringlnb.webp
 
It is very sad that teleportation is not the thing yet and remain only in scifi- movies. If it was then here in Estonia will be fight among enthusiasts who will get this dish. But in reality the long transport and EU-fees even if dish itself is free of charge will be enormous.
If you really dont want to cut and scrap it, you might get lucky to offer it to some East-European lorry driver who drive back empty. Still a thing here though satellite hobby is dying out too gradually.

LNB and feedhorn is worth keeping as it wont take much room.
 
Is there anywhere else of any worth that I can advertise it?
You could try the British Amateur Television Club forum, it could be a good QO100 uplink dish:
Code:
https://forum.batc.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=13
 
In the next few days this will be cut up so I can get it all down the scrap yard. Given the history and quality involved in Precision and spun dishes it's heart breaking to see it crushed and chopped up but I guess it goes to show how little new blood there is in the satellite hobby :(

I did PM Paul (PJM UHFsatcom) in case he knew of anyone involved in EME/QO100 etc that would like it but I've had no response. Is there anywhere else of any worth that I can advertise it?

I've been ripping out old cables today and gathering old satellite stuff so have ended up with a box of old C band LNBs and plates, a diseqc motor, positioners and actuators that will all go in the appropriate heap for the weigh in midweek.

One item that did stand out that is either worth a few quid or will end up on the same pile is this adjustable Ku scalar and Inverto Black Pro LNB. It worked the last time I used it, can't test it now so I'm open to best offer if you pay postage but it has to be worth my while of boxing it all and posting it. I'll include the Bullseye LNB that's currently attached to the 1.8 as well.


View attachment 170873
Which area of Sussex are you in

Whilsy I don't need a(nother) 1.8 it can stay here with the others to save the destruction.

I do a Brightonrun once a month and have use of a transit sized van on most occasions
 
Aceb, I've sent you a PM
 
Time for the last dish to go so it's free to a good home. A Precision 1.8M on a polar mount and base, it all needs some TLC and the reflector could do with a repaint. Some rust on both mount and base but nothing too serious.

Also included is the actuator although I should think it's seized by now, 2 positioners, one Alsat and one Superjack. Some C-Band LNBs, homebrew plates and the Ku adapter plate for the feed plus Bullseye PLL LNB as per the pic.

Want it gone by the end of September otherwise it's the reciprocating saw and getting weighed in. Collector to remove from property but I can dismantle most of it prior to collection. The dish and mount is a two man lift so I'm able to assist if need be. Approximate postcode is BN9, midway between Brighton and Eastbourne.
If it hasn't gone yet yell. If it's not too far form Eastbourne I can collect.
 
Back
Top