Just Sharing This Ka Band signal / sat querie .....

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF with Multi lnb changer - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka - Ext Ku - C & Ext C. X.
PC cards 6983,6903, main receiver GTX Combo. Ericsson RX8200.
Promax HDRanger+ & HDRanger2 Analysers.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire. UK.
At 26° East +/_ a fraction there are these high frequency signals that i can't remember seeing before - not too strong with me in Central UK on the 2.2 mtr but could be stronger in Europe perhaps. Not had chance to do any further serious exploration as yet .... anybody to have a look please
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

SPCH__31.webp
 
Are you sure about the position? In this area, I can only receive a spectrum at an inclination of 23.5°. Unlocking a signal is not possible.
 

Attachments

  • 23,5° Ost 36.webp
    23,5° Ost 36.webp
    112 KB · Views: 64
Are you sure about the position? In this area, I can only receive a spectrum at an inclination of 23.5°. Unlocking a signal is not possible.

You could well be right - The position was quickly come to in the short time i had available by using a reference known count for 16° East from my RC 2000 controller of 388, the unknown signals came up at a dish count of 278 ie: 110 counts difference. The Venture 36v 36" actuator giving about 10 /11 counts per degree which led me to around 26° E. I'll do another position evaluation when i get time
 
You could well be right - The position was quickly come to in the short time i had available by using a reference known count for 16° East from my RC 2000 controller of 388, the unknown signals came up at a dish count of 278 ie: 110 counts difference. The Venture 36v 36" actuator giving about 10 /11 counts per degree which led me to around 26° E. I'll do another position evaluation when i get time

Looks like an inclined sat as well , now at higher arc position
 
Assistance on signal clarification required .....
Could be from 26° East,
Band A Ka signal, Norsat Ka lnb LO: 17400.
Signal, Vertical, at 19354.60 V
Radio channels x 4.SPCH__35.webpTVCH__00.webp

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Capture.webp
 
Assistance on signal clarification required .....
Could be from 26° East,
Band A Ka signal, Norsat Ka lnb LO: 17400.
Signal, Vertical, at 19354.60 V
Radio channels x 4.View attachment 169501View attachment 169503

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

View attachment 169500

** Added for further clarification - The Ka lnb used is a Band A Norsat but .. it will and does receive signals at the beginning of Band B range as well.
 
I'm not receiving any signal at all in this range. I also can't see those other bumps in the KA band. I've tried all the bands. Do you have a DiSEqC switch in between that might not be working properly?
 

Attachments

  • 26°.webp
    26°.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 32
I'm not receiving any signal at all in this range. I also can't see those other bumps in the KA band. I've tried all the bands. Do you have a DiSEqC switch in between that might not be working properly?

No DiSEqC switch used anywhere here - coax cable straight off the Norsat into the shack Promax. Carrier is still up with me and locked at the moment.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

SPCH__36.webp
 
Sorry for the assumption, I can now confirm it based on the two wide beams. However, the signal is very weak here and cannot be received. It is 26° east and RHCP.
Intresting is 19636 R
 

Attachments

  • 26,0° Ost 9.webp
    26,0° Ost 9.webp
    174.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 26,0° Ost 10.webp
    26,0° Ost 10.webp
    103.5 KB · Views: 31
Sorry for the assumption, I can now confirm it based on the two wide beams. However, the signal is very weak here and cannot be received. It is 26° east and RHCP.
Intresting is 19636 R

Thanks for checking - - The Norsat Ka PLL lnb will receive from 18.350 up to 19.515Ghz with quite a nice flat response from one end of the range to the other .... quite a useful lnb. The servo polarity motor has died on it at the moment and it's locked in Ver Linear position only so need to get it down and sorted.
 
On this slot I receive signals in circular H polarity, while you have them in vertical.
The TP stores it in H.
18
19
20
 

Attachments

  • 26 est KA.webp
    26 est KA.webp
    169.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2026-06-20 21_22_11-CrazyScan - Version 1.0.2.160.webp
    2026-06-20 21_22_11-CrazyScan - Version 1.0.2.160.webp
    94.7 KB · Views: 33
On this slot I receive signals in circular H polarity, while you have them in vertical.
The TP stores it in H.
18
19
20

>> I receive signals in circular H polarity, while you have them in vertical. << - - - The reason for that is i only had a Vertical pol set up on the Ka lnb in use at the time due to the pol servo not working. Iv'e repaired the Ka Linear Hor / Ver servo now but i get no change in received signal amplitude being displayed on the Promax. I have another identical Norsat Ka lnb thats set up for LHC only but that displays a reduced signal level to the Linear system. I need to modify the LHC set up to be able to receive RHC as well at some time to get to the bottom of my mystery.
See Promax grabs ....
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

SPCH__38.webp
 
Last edited:
Thanks for checking - - The Norsat Ka PLL lnb will receive from 18.350 up to 19.515Ghz with quite a nice flat response from one end of the range to the other .... quite a useful lnb. The servo polarity motor has died on it at the moment and it's locked in Ver Linear position only so need to get it down and sorted.

On this slot I receive signals in circular H polarity, while you have them in vertical.
The TP stores it in H.
18
19
20
Which LNB are you using?
The signal appears to be dropping off to the east.
 

Attachments

  • 2026-06-21 11_06_40-Twin KA Band LNB - KA SAT - Saorsat Ready - Eutelsat 9E - HD Compatible _...webp
    2026-06-21 11_06_40-Twin KA Band LNB - KA SAT - Saorsat Ready - Eutelsat 9E - HD Compatible _...webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 27
Yes, exactly. With this type of LNB, the polarity is reversed! RHCP is 18V horizontal and LHCP is 14V vertical. You must always keep this in mind when posting, otherwise it will be misleading for other users. The TRIAX too.

my signal today.
 

Attachments

  • KA Band LNB Inverto 19400-20200 MHz.webp
    KA Band LNB Inverto 19400-20200 MHz.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 26,0° Ost 11.webp
    26,0° Ost 11.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 22
Which LNB are you using?
The signal appears to be dropping off to the east.

The Ka lnb used is a Norsat 9000HX-O3B-BN
I have two of these Norsat lnb's
I use one on a dedicated H / V set-up using a servo motor for polarity change
I use the other one on a dedicated fixed LHC pol
The signal path on the H/V Linear is: lnb from the scalar to the lnb is: Scalar, through waveguide transition adapter from circ to rectangular WR42 for lnb
The signal path on the dedicated LHC lnb is: from an identical Scalar, into a circ poloriser, then into the same type of waveform transition adapter from circ to rectangular WR42.
The Promax grab first took the LHC Norsat set-up at dish focus, and was 'held'.
The H/V Linear lnb was moved to dish focus position where the difference in characteristics between the two Ka receive systems could be seen.
I'm fairly certain that both systems cables / connectors etc are working normally.
The H/V Norsat rotation bearing set-up needing attention from years of service.
* I'm putting the slight 'drop -off' referenced to on the Promax pic as being the inclusion of the circ polorser and matching etc.

* Why has the Inverto circ lnb been referenced

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Norsat 9000HX-O3b-BN  Ka lnb.webpNorsat 9000HX-O3b-BN  Ka lnb....webpKa poloriser.webp
 
Last edited:
I also use this polarizer. My LNB is rotated directly behind it. If I then align the polarizer perfectly linearly, I can achieve all four polarizations by rotating the LNB. I also have a round-to-rectangular adapter between the LNB and the polarizer.
This combination works very well.
 

Attachments

  • Anpassung Ka_2.webp
    Anpassung Ka_2.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Anpassung Ka_1.webp
    Anpassung Ka_1.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 30
  • SMW_4.webp
    SMW_4.webp
    92.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Anpassung Ka_3.webp
    Anpassung Ka_3.webp
    157.9 KB · Views: 30
Latest observation - Over the last few days the four radio stations previously on 19.354 V have now gone

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

SPCH__41.webpSPCH__43.webp
 
You're right, I only have the 19636 left too.
 

Attachments

  • 26,0° Ost 12.webp
    26,0° Ost 12.webp
    136.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 26,0° Ost 13.webp
    26,0° Ost 13.webp
    104.3 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top